MEMBERSHIP AT LUMC
We are delighted that you are interested in joining Leesburg UMC and look forward to welcoming you into our church family. We ask that every member commits to be actively involved in the life of the church by their:
• PRAYERS for the church and its ministries;
• PRESENCE at worship service, Bible study, and ministry activities;
• GIFTS of financial support as a faith investment in God’s work;
• SERVICE to His kingdom by volunteering to serve in one or more ministry areas;
• WITNESS by telling the story of your personal journey with Christ.
How to Join Leesburg UMC
There are five steps to joining Leesburg UMC. Why? Because we want to be sure that all members understand what membership in Christ's body really means. And we want to be sure you know the direction of Leesburg UMC specifically.
1. Be a baptized Christian, meaning to profess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and have been baptized either at Leesburg UMC or previously in a Christian Church.
2. Attend Discipleship 101. (Once prospective members go through Discipleship 101, a class taught by the pastor, new members are welcome to join during either one of our two worship services.) Call the church office for the latest class information.
3. Sign the Membership Covenant presented at Discipleship 101.
4. Begin serving on a ministry team.
5. Make a public profession of one's baptismal/membership vows.
If you are ready to join, please contact: Pastor Lee Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org - 229-938-0928.
Methods of Joining
• CONFESSION OF FAITH – the initial entrance into membership in the church when one confesses faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. You will be baptized at the worship service.
• REAFFIRMATION OF FAITH – one’s renewing of the initial confession of faith after a period of inactivity or not being a member of another church.
• TRANSFER OF MEMBERSHIP – from another United Methodist Church or a Christian church of another denomination. We recognize baptism from all other Christian churches.